Tuesday, May 14, 2013


My understanding of landscape is any visual representation of a specific viewpoint, either natural or manmade.
I like the illusion created through the use of a single vanishing point. The depth created on a flat piece of paper is impressive. I am interested in exploring the change of vantage within a picture and the proportionality that comes with it. I also want to exploit the openness of the sides of my original architecture drawing to add some complexity to the drawing with some natural landscape.
I am not really sure where I am going specifically with this project, but I think I would like to create an architectural sketch of some sort and combine this in some way with the type of landscape painting that I have done previously. 
I feel that I tend to use geometric shapes in much of my art, and while I want to use some architectural aspects in this project, I would also like to challenge myself by incorporating amorphous landscape into my art. I think it will be important to work on my shading talent to improve this artwork and make it more realistic. 
I want the symmetry to focus the viewer's eyes in the center, and the focus lines to bring their eyes out form there to the landscape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment