Wednesday, February 13, 2013

          This is my painting so far. I still need to fill much of the empty space. I plan on shifting towards using more warm colors because Hofmann tended to stay within one color range. I also think that the crooked green rectangle at the bottom should be straightened out. I believe that I am headed in the right direction. With more color the painting will look more filled out and completed. I think that my final product will be a good emulation of the work of Hans Hofmann. I am very happy with my work so far.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your picture looks so good! I love the different colors in the background, and how it really brings out the squares! Like the light blue on dark purple, the light purple on orange. Filling out the picture and straightening out the green square will be super good for composition i feel, as it will make everything more uniform. Also, your plan to add more warm colors matches the artist's style, and it will also draw the eye around to different areas of your painting.

    ReplyDelete